Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Different Kind of Mother's Day

Hey everyone!

Mother's Day.  A holiday that many infertile women dread for very obvious reasons.  It's interesting to me how some holidays send me into tears( Hello Easter!) and others don't bother me as much.  As of right now I'm feeling kind of indifferent to Mother's Day.

I've tried to analyze why Mother's Day has really never bothered me and I honestly don't know, so I'm not going to try to make something out of nothing.  I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I'm not an emotional wreck. 

It just so happens that my mom will be out of town this year and Ryan's mom lives in a different state, so we'll probably just stay at home and hang out with our boys.  I guess part of me considers myself a sort of mom.  I am a doggy mommy and I choose to celebrate that this year!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, no matter what form it takes!

Here are some pictures of my 'babies' for you all to enjoy! I love them more than I can put into words!


 "I can't believe mom put us in these ridiculous Christmas outfits!"

 Relaxing with Mommy on the couch.

Kash pouting on a pile of toys (he's an expert at pouting)

Michael. He's such a laid back dog. 

Thanksgiving 2010 Family picture(so hard to get everyone to look at the camera). 

Hanging out in bed 

Kash after his haircut. So cute!! 


"What? It's easier to look out the window from here."


Pooped out from an exhausting day.


~Tonya

3 comments:

Patty B said...

Soooo...I don't know why...but Mother's Day is a day I guess I never really have liked..Even before my mother Phyllis passed away 20 years ago this year in October (at the tender age of 62) Seems as if in May..I sort of was tired...and raising 3 wonderful children ...got to me in May.... Kind of "Had it" Didn't know what it was like to take a bath and not have someone asking you something through the door...etc. I then understood what my dear Mother would respond when we asked her " Mom, What do you want for Mother's day?" Peace and Quiet she would say..or You kids not fighting...something like this...and Did I understand that at the time....???? NOOOOOOO!...
However now I read your blogs..and truly know what Mother's Day is really about.... Wonderful people like you that are trying like heck to understand the Whys and Whats and Whatever's of what it's all about...But understanding that OUR CREATOR has a place for us ..Being there for husbands, family, .friends pets, ..our fellow Christians..Strangers...those misunderstood...etc. YOU have been chosen to BE that PERSON...for whatever reason..! You must continue to remember YOU and your Loving Husband have been chosen by God to have your Lights shine even when you feel it is dimming at times..... You are REMARKABLE PEOPLE chosen by our Father in Heaven to give Strength and Determination not only to other couples like yourselves...but to ADMONISH couples who have been blessed with children..reminding them that God has placed these precious ones in their care..AND not to take it for granted. May God Bless you on this Mother's Day for the Person YOU ARE!!!!!!

Patty Bischoff

pamela Negri-Lenzen said...

It took me a while to get myself here for this post. Easter was cake for me compared to this one. This is gonna be a tough one, I can tell already. Stress is at such a high level already that I'm just gonna have to roll with it. I LOVE that you're cool just being cool about it! We feel what we feel, good, bad & indifferent! I think we need to feel entitled to get a break from our grief and feel like every mother's day or holiday in general, has to be a downer. Enjoy your peace of mind. Fortunately and unfortunately, there are tons of babies being born or about to be born around me right now so it's adding to the heaviness for me. Glad you could be my cheerleader. It does help to know I'm not alone!!! I can totally relate to the love of being a doggy mommy because I'm one too! Your pics are outrageous and if I have time in between boxes... I think I'll post a doggie baby tribute myself! lol This mother's day we'll be hanging with my mom for a quick brunch then spending the rest of the day packing and playing with our baby doggie too! xoxo

Tonya said...

Patty, Thank you so much for that beautiful comment. We really appreciate having such wonderful people in our lives. Hope your Mother's Day was great!

The Animas House

I will never forget the first time I walked into the Animas House seven years ago. I walked in, saw the view and was in awe. But I also walk...