Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Miss Wine!

Hello!

Day 11 of my cleanse.  It's getting much easier and I feel pretty good.  No more horrible heart burn and acid reflux, and no more bloated stomach.  I am still struggling with my energy level, but I'm starting to think a lot of that is due to sitting all day staring a computer.  It just gets boring and I get tired.

I met with the nutritionist and my naturopath on Tuesday.  After the cleanse is over I can start adding foods back into my diet.  Yay!!  I've been thinking about what I miss most and I'm still not totally sure.  The nutritionist suggested that I start with any food that I think I might have an intolerance to, so I'm starting with dairy.  I really really hope that I don't have a food intolerance, but I'm almost positive that I do.  Based on how I was feeling and how I'm feeling now, it would make sense that something I eat makes me feel like crap.  We'll see.

I go back next Thursday and at that meeting I will be given my new fertility eating plan.  That is the main point of all of this.  I'm there because I can't have a baby.  Getting healthy and taking care of myself is all part of hopefully making that dream a reality.  It sounds like the plan will be very similar to what I'm eating now.  I know there are some fertility super foods out there, so I'm sure those will be added as well.  I do know that there are two things that she absolutely wants me to stay away from.  Those two things are coffee and alcohol.

I was very upset on Tuesday after I met with her.  There are still feelings of anger every now and then.  Frankly, it pisses me off that I have to be on such a diet.  That I can't drink my coffee every morning.  That I can't have a glass of wine with dinner.  I don't think that a cup of my half caffeinated coffee every morning is going to affect my fertility that much.  I don't think that a glass of wine with dinner a few nights is going to be catastrophic.  It sucks because when I'm in that angry place I think of all the women who get pregnant when they are drinking!  I think of that advice that I hear, "Oh just go on vacation, relax, drink a little too much. It will happen."  Yeah right!  I think of the pregnant women who can even drink a certain amount of coffee.  It makes me mad that I'm not pregnant and I still can't have these things.  Dealing with infertility is so hard and then being told you have to make all these drastic changes makes it harder.  But, I'm not spending all this time and money to not do what they say.  I want to be healthy.  I want my body to function at it's best.  I want to feel good, not crappy.  If cutting these things out helps that, than that's what I'll do.

I feel like I've turned a corner with all of this stuff, like I'm finally on the right track.  I still have no idea what will happen next, but I am determined to do what I can to be healthy.

I could go on and on, but this post is a little long and probably a little boring.

Stay tuned!
~Tonya

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hang in there Tonya! I know you can do it and YES you will feel so much better for getting healthy! So worth it. Miss you guys so much and praying for you as you go through this trial. Luve you lots and hope to see u when we return.
~Cheryl

pamela Negri-Lenzen said...

I have been here too! I swear, every comment I write on your blog I think, "maybe I should just write 'ditto' and call it a day!" lol

I'm so glad you're doing the elimination diet, it helped me feel so much better. I had the problem of reacting to almost everything I tried to add back and then I had a really hard time thinking I had to give everything up. That said, just knowing that there's something out there that can potentially help me feel a little better is comforting. I'll be going back to it next week. I need to get some discipline before surgery. I do have some excellent recipes and resources if you're interested. There are some ready made products available at Whole Foods &/or natural foods stores that can help make things easier too.

Obviously, I hope this yields the intended results but more importantly I think, I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. I'm glad you are working at feeling better. And as always, I'm glad you're venting your feelings bc I know first hand, this is seriously tough stuff!!!

The Animas House

I will never forget the first time I walked into the Animas House seven years ago. I walked in, saw the view and was in awe. But I also walk...