Thursday, June 21, 2012

Moving on Up!

Hey Friends!

Remember how a few posts ago I said we had some exciting things in the works, but I couldn't tell you all about them yet?  Well here it is folks, our big news that has nothing to do with a baby.

Five years ago when we bought our house, we had a dream of what our life was going to look like.  We were excited to paint and make our new house our home.  Over the last 5 years we've loved living here.  We've decorated, and put a lot of hard work into making this home exactly what we wanted.  But there is one thing that we've never been able to give it, no matter how hard we've tried.

I always knew exactly which rooms would be our children's rooms.  I would walk by and mentally picture where I would put the crib and the rocking chair, the changing table and dresser.  I'd try to decide what colors we would go with, which always depended on if we had a boy or a girl.  I pictured being pregnant and us painting the room.  Having a great time getting it ready for our baby.  I always imagined our cute spare bathroom with kids toys in the tub and a step up stool in front of the sink.  That's what we dreamed of when we bought this house 5 years ago. That's the life we thought we would have...that's not the life we are living.

We've recently made some very big decisions.  We are selling our house and moving to Durango, Colorado!  This decision has been extremely exciting, but it's also a little bittersweet.  Leaving our home and going to some place unknown is scary, but we are so excited about what the future holds!


More to come on this move...Stay tuned!

~Tonya

For your viewing pleasure.  Here are some pictures of us and our house.

Just got the keys to our house!!

Yay!! Ready to start our life together.

Ryan being a goofball while painting the den.

More painting of the den. (I'm wearing Ryan's clothes)

Painting the family room.

The kitchen

Painting is exhausting!

Ryan surprised me by painting our wedding day on the wall!

Backyard

 Building the grill

 The grill

Backyard 
Grill completed
Our beautiful backyard!

Kash loves the backyard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG.... that backyard is awesome! Can you make sure the Durango house has a guest quarters too.... i wouldn't want for you guys to have to give up the master suite when i visit.

pamela Negri-Lenzen said...

Such beautiful pictures and so bittersweet. I hope this new chapter brings you everything you hope for and more wonderful things you haven't even imagined yet. We tried the "build it and they will come" plan too and though it didn't work right away in the way we thought it would, we just keep on trying to build and knowing they will come one way or another! Huge hugs and much luck on your move.xoxo

The Animas House

I will never forget the first time I walked into the Animas House seven years ago. I walked in, saw the view and was in awe. But I also walk...