Thursday, April 19, 2012

National Infertility Awareness Week

Hi Everyone!

This week has been very interesting but I can't really tell you about it yet. Sorry! Things are in the works! Exciting stuff possibly happening. I can't wait to share it with you all, but for now since I can't, I'm going to tell you about next weeks post.

Next week is National Infertility Awareness Week! It's a week fully devoted to raising awareness and breaking the silence about infertility. This year's theme is "Don't Ignore Infertility." I will be participating in RESOLVE's Bloggers Unite campaign.You will see a blog next week with the title of "Don't Ignore..." My blog will be one of many that will be up for consideration for their yearly Hope Awards. I'm pretty excited about this and I would love to win the award for best blog. I've been trying to think about what to write about for weeks now. Obviously there are many ways to go with that theme... We'll have to see what I come up with.

Leave me a comment below if you have any ideas on what I should "not ignore" next week.

Stay tuned!

~Tonya



2 comments:

pamela Negri-Lenzen said...

So glad you posted and asked for ideas. Can't WAIT to hear what's "in the works". Rooting for you in every way possible!!! Maybe next year I'll have the strength to to compete for the Hope award too ;) but for now, here's my list of "do not ignores" for you to use as you wish!

Don't ignore your grief: while we must keep hope we are also facing terrible loss that can have a huge impact on everything we do.

Don't ignore your partner: Just like couples can have a hard time connecting after they conceive and must make time to focus on their relationship, the same is true of trying to conceive -- sometimes even more so with the guilt of the "responsible" partner and the inevitable plethora of necessary cooks in the kitchen.

Don't ignore yourself : When 90% of your time is spent researching, coordinating, planning etc. it's hard to remember how much you love to do your nails, or crochet, or paint, or walk etc... These are the things that will keep us sane.

Finally, DO IGNORE the haters and naysayers unless you're advocating for legislative change in which case Do Not Ignore your personal power when it comes to our political system. There are things we can do to make getting treatment easier and quality of care more streamlined if not for ourselves, for those that come after and isn't being generative what this is all about!?

So that's my take, I know you'll come up with something awesome and I can't wait to read it. Thinking of you and hoping for you and enjoying your blog as always...

Becky said...

What about Don't ignore your own voice. You can talk about anything from dealing with your own doctors when you're getting diagnosed or treatment. You have a say in medications or treatment options. Don't ignore your gut, if you feel like something isn't right, speak up. Ask the questions that have been on your mind. To dealing with how vocal you want to be with your infertility. Even if you're struggling privately, you can't ignore your voice. Everyone has to be heard...
Whatever you do will be great! I can't wait to read it next week! Go Tonya!!!!

The Animas House

I will never forget the first time I walked into the Animas House seven years ago. I walked in, saw the view and was in awe. But I also walk...