Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm back and I'm 30!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the delay in this post. I was going to write last week, but my computer became infected with a ton of viruses after we got home from the cruise, and I just got it back Sunday night. Thank goodness for my brother who knows how to fix computers!

Let's talk a bit about my 30th birthday cruise. It was wonderful! We went to San Juan, St Thomas and St Maarten. I honestly think that it was one of the best vacations I've ever had. We had so much fun! Our group was amazing. I was really able to relax and just enjoy myself. I didn't want to come back home. I think for many people, it can be hard to come back to reality after an awesome vacation. Well for me, it was really hard. Last Monday and Tuesday I was kind of depressed. I wanted to be back on the ship, not thinking about all the hard stuff, just enjoying my family and friends. I'm feeling much better now, but last week was tough.

So, on to the hard stuff. I finally talked to the lady who runs the donor agency about our donor backing out. She told me what she said in the email, that they absolutely do not negotiate with the donors. They tried to reason with her, but ultimately she chose to go with an agency that would pay her more money. She is sending us a new updated list of all the donors. I will look through them, but I think Ryan and I have decided to wait a little longer to do the IVF. We just feel like the timing is not good right now. I'm not totally sure when we will start the process again, but for right now we are waiting. It does scare me some because I think that we will always be able to say the timing isn't good. Life happens and it's messy. If everyone waited until they were really ready to have kids, there probably wouldn't be very many people in the world. It's just so different with IVF. I'm going to admit that I am absolutely terrified to do IVF. I think a lot of people hear IVF and just assume that it will work and the person will end up with more than one baby, but the truth is, that on average, it takes 3 cycles to get pregnant. I'm scared it will fail. I'm scared that I will be too stressed and my body will not respond. I'm scared because we have to rely on a third person's body to respond to the drugs. We have to rely on a third person to follow through and not back out for more money. You can see why it's very easy to want to put it off. Why would any sane person want to do something that they know will cause them so much stress? I know I was so excited when we found the donor, but once it got closer and I had to start making appointments, I was a nervous wreck! Unless you have gone through the treatments, it's impossible to understand the emotional and physical stress. I don't even fully understand. I just know that it is going to be very hard, so we are waiting a little while longer.

Now you know why I didn't want to come back home after an awesome week of not worrying about any of this. But, that's not the way life works. I'm so thankful that I was able to go on such a wonderful vacation! We really did have the best time. Now, I will just take it day by day and we'll see what happens next!

I will leave you all with some pictures from the cruise. We took so many it was hard to decide which ones to share. Enjoy!


Just relaxing
 On the balcony
 First formal night
 Beautiful Ship!
 San Juan
 San Juan
 My 30th Birthday blue diamond ring!!!
 Magen's Bay St. Thomas. The beach we got married on almost 5 years ago!
 Birthday dinner
 They decorated our room for my birthday!
 Hanging out
 St. Maarten
 St. Maarten
 Second formal night
 Lobster night!!
 Dinner
 Hanging out some more
 We're number 1!
 Kisses!
Being silly in the library

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing and the update Tonya! Glad to hear you had a super time on your cruise! Will keep praying for you guys. I'm sure you'll make the right decision at the right time! Hugs~

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled and devastated for you. You know I know exactly where you're at... there's some relief in these kinds of decisions but also a profound confusion as to what the universe holds for the future. All we can do is live in the moment and trust ourselves. You seem to be facing each of these moments with openness, clarity & a unique positive spirit that shines through your writing and photos; something I think I knew we shared from your very first email. And... YOU LOOK AWESOME girl!!! Not a day over 20;). You clearly have a partner who loves and appreciates you and that is something special; also something we are lucky to share! Wishing you peace in your days and again, a very happy birthday.

pamela Negri-Lenzen said...

That was me! Weird that it showed as anonymous!!! I wasn't trying to be mysterious ;)lolol

Tonya said...

Thanks Cheryl! As always, we really appreciate the prayers!


That's funny Pam! I knew it was you as I was reading, but I was confused about why you went with anonymous. Ha. Thanks for your comment as always! I always love reading what you write! I'm sorry I'm horrible at responding. Need to work on that...

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time - I was just perusing the pictures the other day. You and Ryan look fabulous (as always) and it made me realize how much I miss the two of you. One of my closest friends went through IVF herself and it did take two tries, she has often told me of the stress of it and the rewards and non-rewards of the process. We will continue to pray for you two and know that when the time is right things will happen according to HIS plan.

Tiff

Debbie said...

Love the pictures and I love the blog! Love to you both and thank you for your updates! Debbie

Free Antivirus Download said...

These are very amazing images in this blog and i know its enjoyable. free antivirus download

The Animas House

I will never forget the first time I walked into the Animas House seven years ago. I walked in, saw the view and was in awe. But I also walk...