Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year

Hi Everyone! Happy New Year!

2012! I think this is going to be a good year. It just sounds like a good number, well at least it does to me.

For those of you wondering about the news thing, here's the update. They haven't forgotten about me, but it's local news. I've been in contact with the reporter and she is still interested in doing a story on us, it's just hard because other stories come up that need to be reported. Hopefully it will work out soon.

Now, on to the fun stuff! January is going to be a busy month. We have our first appointment with the clinic that we chose in Dallas on the 12th. I have to go in because the Dr. needs to get a "feel for my uterus". I'm not totally sure what that means, but it sounds like a blast, don't ya think? I know you're all jealous. Flying to another state to get naked from the waist down and into stirrups is definitely my definition of fun! Ha. Oh the joys of infertility. Anyway, I'm assuming that after that appointment we will have a better idea of the schedule of things to come. We plan on starting our first cycle of IVF in February, as long as the timing all works out. I'll give you all more information on that after my appointment next week.

The next exciting thing in January is the cruise and my 30th Birthday! Now this I am super excited for! I've been planning this cruise for a long time, so I'm thrilled that it's almost here. A week of relaxing on a beautiful ship and on the beach in the Caribbean is just what I need to prepare my body for what's to come. I hope to come back relaxed and refreshed, ready to start the baby making process.

Here's to a great 2012! Stay tuned!

~Tonya

5 comments:

Bradene said...

Ha! A feel for your uterus! Really?

Tonya said...

Haha...Yep Bradene. Those are the exact words they used. I'm really not sure what it means. I guess I'll find out next week.

Anonymous said...

a very exciting and scary time! best wishes your way :)
-Kristy

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiousity..."Does the doctor buy you a drink first?"

Sharon said...

Tanya! How awesome-if "feeling" your uterus brings ypu a little prince or princess have at it! :•) So excited for you both! Stay strong in your faith, God's got the rest! :) We
will be praying!

The Animas House

I will never forget the first time I walked into the Animas House seven years ago. I walked in, saw the view and was in awe. But I also walk...