Wednesday, July 25, 2012

One Week

Hey Everyone!

One week, that's all we have left.  I still can't believe that we are moving to Durango in one week.  I'm not sure if it just hasn't hit me yet, but I'm not that nervous or scared.  Every time I think of it, I get so excited!  I'm excited for this adventure.  I'm excited to do something totally out of my comfort zone.  I'm excited for a change.  I really feel like only good things can come from this move.  I know I"ll probably get a little sad in the coming days.  We are leaving all our friends and family here.  I've never left Arizona so this is a huge deal for me, but I'm just so excited!!

We've had a lot of people tell us lately that they are so jealous of us.  I've been hearing it, but it wasn't until this weekend after church that it really hit me.  We have been so blessed!  We are in such a unique position.  We both work for an amazing company that is letting us keep our jobs and work from home full time.  And as much as we want children, because we don't have them, we are able to pick up and go anywhere we want without taking kids into consideration.  I think it's so easy to sometimes get caught up in the things that we want and don't have, that we forget to look at what we do have.  We are so blessed.  When I look back on the last few years I find it so interesting how it's all worked out to lead us to this very spot. 

I so believe it's true that God has a plan for our lives.  He knows what he is doing.  He sees the big picture.  I just can't wait to see what comes next!!

My favorite verse, the one that keeps me going through all of this.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

~Tonya

No comments:

The Animas House

I will never forget the first time I walked into the Animas House seven years ago. I walked in, saw the view and was in awe. But I also walk...